As we begin to assist NKU R.O.C.K.S. students with building relationships with Faculty and Staff members at NKU, I wanted to give you a little information on how you can support the students as you begin to build a connection with them. Though the responsibility of staying connected will in part be on the student, we ask that you reach out your student for the first meeting. We want to be sure the student knows that we are partners in their success, and we will be intentional with this relationship.
· Have at least one face to face meeting ( lunch, breakfast, coffee) with the student each month (though it can be more if your schedule permits)
· Have at least one passive contact per week ( this can be a text message, email, phone call) something to encourage them!
· Log your contact with the student. Please use this link to record your contact with mentees. (https://nkustudentaffairs.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dnli3TJ2AMqJ9Od)
· Attend NKU R.O.C.K.S. Ahadi End of the Year Closing Ceremony on April 25th.
· Have an interest in helping first-year students
· Be willing to share your advice and your story
· Be willing to communicate with AAP&S staff
· Be a positive guide/role model and influence
· Be dependable and consistent with your mentees
· Be tolerant and respectful of individual differences
· Assist with removing barriers to student success
· Make a difference in student’s lives
· Assist students with building confidence and reaching their academic and personal goals